A few tips to build the perfect cheese board:
- Always start with your biggest items first and then slowly build around them.
- Some items will fall off the board if they aren't held in place by other items. Plan ahead to figure out where each item fits best.
- It's fun to create zones of similar items. On my board, I created a fruit section in the upper left but also added some more fruit on the far right to give the board a sense of balance.
- Experiment with out of the box items that you wouldn't normally find on a cheese board like chocolate covered pretzels and popcorn.
- If you love holiday themes, make sure you are mindful of staying on-theme by keeping the colors consistent. For this 4th of July board, I only used items that had shades of red, white, and blue.
Here is a list of the items I put on my board:
- Red Grapes
- Brie Cheese
- Mont Chevre Goat Cheddar Stars
- Red Bell Pepper Slices
- Mozzarella and Cherry Tomatoes
- Raincoast Crisps Crackers
- Artisinal Crackers
- White Chocolate Covered Pretzels