Cilantro Lime Rice
Bright and flavorful, this rice makes for the perfect side dish as it pairs so well with various mains. Made with only four simple ingredients, you can have this fresh, zesty rice in no time.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Mix the cooked rice with rest of ingredients, making sure everything is combined evenly.
- I highly recommend you use freshly squeezed lime for this rice recipe. The flavors will be brighter and more fresh than bottled lime juice. You can even add some lime zest if you want to kick it up a notch.
- To get more juice out of a lime, roll the lime under the palm of your hand on a countertop before juicing. Doing so will soften the lime, making it easier to release the juice from the lime.
- For more flavorful rice, you can cook the white rice in vegetable or chicken broth.
- The cilantro stems are tender and flavorful, so no need to pick off the leaves off the stems before chopping. You can chop the cilantro directly attached to the stems or add them to a food processor and pulse until it is in fine pieces if you’re making a large batch.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg