Fresh and flavorful, this Tomato Salad needs only a handful of simple ingredients. Juicy heirloom tomatoes paired with sliced red onions tossed in a red wine vinaigrette dressing make for a deliciously refreshing side dish that everyone will love. Less is more with this salad!
Servings: 4 servings
- To cut the tomato into wedges, you can slice the tomato in half from stem to bottom. Place the tomato cut-side up and then cut the halves into quarters to make the wedges.
- If you’re looking to make this salad look prettier, you can use various heirloom tomatoes in different colors!
- If you’re out of red onions, try using shallots in their place.
- If you’re out of basil, any fresh herb will work! Try using dill, parsley, tarragon, and oregano instead.
- Goat cheese, feta cheese, and bocconcini are also a great addition to this tomato salad. You can use vegan feta cheese as well!
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 848IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg