There is nothing better than cutting yourself a slice of this rich and creamy Vegan Cheesecake. It’s so easy to make with simple everyday ingredients, and it will practically melt in your mouth. Make this dairy-free cheesecake at your next gathering and watch everyone reach for seconds!
Servings: 8 slices
For the Crust:
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Prep the cashews by boiling in hot water for approximately 10 minutes or until soft (where you can easily pierce with a fork). Drain and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a blender or food processor add in oats, almonds, sugar, and salt and blend until it forms into a coarse texture. Next in the coconut oil and pulse until it’s evenly distributed into the mixture. Squeeze some of the mixture with your fingers, it should hold its shape similar to damp sand.
Prepare baking pan (8”x8”) lining with parchment paper. Then add in the crust mixture to the bottom of the baking pan, pressing firmly and making sure it’s even. Bake for 20 minutes then let cool.
Reduce oven heat to 325F.
Add all filling ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Pour filling mixture over baked crust and give it a good tap to release any air bubbles. Bake in the oven for 1 hour (center will still be slightly jiggly when ready).
Let cool before serving.
- I use a regular cake pan, but you can also use a springform pan instead.
- As I’m using a regular cake pan, I make sure there’s an overhang to the parchment paper to make it easier to lift the cake out of the pan. If you use a springform pan, you can skip the overhang.
- To get clean, beautiful slices, I run my knife through some hot water between every cut.
- To tell when the cheesecake is ready, the edges should look slightly dry while the center is jiggly but not liquidy.
- Don’t skip the tapping of the pan as air bubbles in the filling can burst and cause cracking on top of the cheesecake.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 3mg