This colorful Beet Salad is such an easy but delicious dish. The sweet beets paired with salty feta cheese then topped with a simple homemade dressing come together so quickly that you’ll be making it weekly. It is excellent for both weeknight meals or as a part of a holiday spread.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 beets
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing to taste
Prepare beets by peeling the beets and cutting them in half to relatively the same size. Boil them in a large pot of water for approximately 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain well and let cool.
Assemble salad by tossing all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, making sure the dressing is evenly coated throughout.
- I like to wear cooking gloves when handling beets to avoid staining my hands when preparing the beets.
- If you’re worried about the beets staining your cutting board, you can spray a light coat of nonstick cooking spray before chopping. The stains will wipe right off.
- If you don’t want to save some time and skip having to work around beets staining your kitchen, you can always opt for pre-cooked beets or canned sliced beets.
- Feel free to change the mixed greens for any greens of your choice, such as spinach or arugula, or with whatever you have in your fridge.
- While I slice my beets into half-moon shapes, you can dice them into cubes or cut them into matchsticks or wedges instead.
- Cashews, pecans, and almonds are great alternatives if you don’t have walnuts available.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 549IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg