Sweet Potato Toast
Try this fun twist on breakfast: make toast with sweet potatoes! It’s healthy, filling, and super easy. This is such a simple but delicious gluten-free breakfast option that will keep you full until lunch!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large sweet potato cut into slices
- olive oil to taste
Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into ½" slices.
Lightly coat each sweet potato slice with olive oil.
Place the potato slices into a toaster and cook on a medium-high level for 3 - 4 toasting cycles depending on your toaster. (for example, if your toaster goes from 1 to 5, the medium-high level would be 4).
Garnish with your favorite toppings.
- If you do not have a mandoline slicer, you can use a knife. Cut off one tip of the potato so you can stand it upright to make slicing it more manageable.
- If there is a large selection of sweet potato varieties, pick the red or oranged skinned sweet potatoes as they tend to be creamier.
- Depending on how powerful your toaster is, you may have to toast the slices of sweet potatoes more or less than 3 to 4 toasting cycles. Once the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, they’re ready to go.
- Avoid slicing the potatoes too thin or too thick. If they’re too thin, they might burn in the toast, and if they’re too thick, the interior won’t be cooked through while the exterior burns.
- You might have to rotate or flip the sweet potato slices between toasting cycles depending on your toaster. Use a pair of tongs to move them.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8016IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg