Simple, juicy, and flavorful, this Salmon Burgers recipe is going to be your new go-to recipe! It’s bright, fresh, and comes together in an instant. Made with only a handful of simple ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up these salmon patties to make homemade burgers in no time!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless and skinless salmon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp parsley minced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp olive oil
Rough chop the salmon into large pieces and place in a food processor and pulse until the salmon has been broken into small pieces like a fine dice.
Remove the blade of the food processor and add in the rest of the ingredients. Using a spatula, or your hands, mix until everything is well incorporated.
Form 4 patties with the salmon mixture and compact them tightly with your hands.
Heat a large skillet with olive oil and cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Assemble the burgers using the burger toppings you like. My favorites are lettuce, sliced onion, and tomato.
- Avoid overprocessing the salmon in the food processor. You want there to be some texture in the patties still.
- Don’t make the patties too thin. Thicker patties retain more moisture and are juicier.
- Fish, in general, easily overcooks. I highly recommend using an instant-read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Salmon is cooked through once the internal temperature has reached 120°F to 135°F.
- Buying skinned salmon saves you time from having to do it yourself.
- If you’re having trouble shaping the patties, refrigerate the salmon mixture for 10 minutes before trying again.
- I prefer using fresh lemons as bottled lemon juice doesn’t have the same bright taste.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 862mg | Potassium: 954mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 4mg