Healthy Banana Muffins
Moist, flavorful, and easy to make, this Healthy Banana Muffins recipe comes together so quickly. Perfect as a breakfast or snack, these muffins are made in less than 30 minutes and don’t require a mixer to make. Light and fluffy, you won’t be able to get enough of these muffins.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil or any neutral oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk or any milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a muffin pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and give it a whisk to combine.
In the same bowl, add the oil, eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ⅔ of the way to the top.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, checking them at the 15 minute mark. Use a toothpick to check doneness- when the muffins are ready the toothpick should come out almost clean.
- Make sure the baking soda has not expired at you want the tops to rise into a dome.
- Avoid over-mixing the batter as it will result in gluten development, leading to rubbery and tough banana muffins.
- When measuring flour for baked goods, the proper way to do so is by fluffing the flour and them spooning the flour into a measuring cup before leveling the top. Doing so prevents the flour from being over-packed into a measuring cup, leading to dense muffins.
- Avoid letting the batter sit in your muffin tin for too long before baking. The baking soda in the batter has been activated, so the longer it sits out, the less active the baking soda will be.
- Your eggs will mix into the muffin batter much easier if you bring them to room temperature.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg