Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Made in less than 20 minutes, this Zucchini Noodles recipe comes together quickly and easily. Flavored with garlic, red pepper flakes, and parmesan, this zoodles recipe is an inexpensive and flavorful side for any meal.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced thin
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped basil
- grated parmesan cheese
Trim and use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into long noodles.
Heat a deep pan or wok over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Give it a minute to heat up and then add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Let the garlic and red pepper flakes cook for a few minutes. The longer you let it cook the more the garlic will infuse into the oil. Just make sure to keep the heat low and watch the garlic so that it doesn't burn.
Toss in the zucchini noodles and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Plate the noodles and garnish with the parmesan cheese and basil.
- You can swap for nutritional yeast to mimic the cheesy, nutty flavor if you do not have parmesan.
- You can make zoodles ahead of time to cut down on your prep time for the recipe. Meal prep the noodles by spiralizing them in bulk then storing them in a paper towel-lined airtight container. They will last in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. The paper towel helps absorb extra moisture and keeps the zucchini from getting slimy.
- Avoid overcooking the noodles as they will get soggy.
- Pan the zucchini dry before adding it to the pan to avoid introducing additional moisture. As zucchini already has high water content, you want to minimize any extra water.
- Do not salt the zucchini before adding them to the pan, as it’ll draw out moisture and make it soggy.
- Add some extra flavor by sauteing some onions with the garlic or squeezing a wedge of lemon over the zoodles before serving.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 1341mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 1mg