Air Fryer Tilapia
Quick, easy, and healthy, this Air Fryer Tilapia recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Perfectly crispy and flavorful, this tilapia is ready in less than 15 minutes! Get dinner on the table in no time with this easy air-fried tilapia recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil I use olive oil spray
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- lemon juice
In a small bowl mix together the spices and set aside.
Place the tilapia fillets on a large plate and rub or spray both sides with olive oil.
Season the filets on both sides with the seasoning.
Cook tilapia at 400 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the skin of the tilapia has become flakey.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Ideally, if you can find wild-caught tilapia, it’s preferred over farmed tilapia but if you cannot find wild tilapia, try to purchase farmed fish from the United States or Canada for the best quality.
- I don’t recommend flipping the tilapia as it cooks. You risk breaking the delicate fish if you flip it at the halfway point. However, the air fryer will allow for browning on both sides of the fish without flipping.
- If your fish was frozen beforehand, make sure to pat dry the fillets before seasoning. Doing so ensures the seasoning sticks better, and the fish will crisp up instead of steam in the air fryer.
- The FDA recommends tilapia cooked to an internal temperature of at least 145F.
- Avoid overlapping the fish in the air fryer basket as the overlapped areas won’t cook evenly. Air fry in batches if needed.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 380mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 209IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg