Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
These chicken fajitas come together quickly and easily in an air fryer with just a few simple ingredients. This easy air fryer recipe features perfectly seasoned chicken breast strips, colorful bell peppers, and onions, just like what you’d get at a restaurant but at a fraction of the price and a few minutes of preparation. You won’t believe just how simple it is to make!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ¼" slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into ¼" slices
- 1 green bell pepper cut into ¼” slices
- ½ yellow onion cut into ¼” slices
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- sour cream
In a small bowl add the spices together and mix with a small fork to make the fajita seasoning.
In a large mixing bowl add the chicken, onion, and bell pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and then toss. Add the seasoning and then toss again until everything is evenly coated.
Add the seasoned chicken, onion, and bell pepper to the air fryer basket
Cook at 350 F for 16 to 20 minutes, until all of the chicken pieces have cooked through. Remove basket and toss half way through the cooking time, at about 9 minutes.
Serve the fajitas in tortillas and garnish with sour cream, chopped cilantro, and guacamole.
- If you don’t have the mix of spices but have fajita seasoning, you can swap that in instead.
- Make sure to cut the chicken as evenly as possible, so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- It’s alright for some overlap in the air fryer basket, however, try to avoid excessive overlap (such as double layering) so the chicken fajitas can brown evenly.
- You can slice the onions, bell peppers, and chicken ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days for busy weeknights.
- If you want to add some lime to brighten the flavor, add it after the chicken fajitas come out of the air fryer and not before.
- Don’t feel limited to tortillas! These chicken fajitas make a great rice bowl or a salad as well.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1094mg | Potassium: 872mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1832IU | Vitamin C: 125mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg