Healthy Banana Bread
Delicious, moist, and flavorful, this Healthy Banana Bread is so easy to make with a few simple steps. This tried and true recipe is a household favorite, making for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack. It’s a classic quick bread recipe that you’ll want to make again and again.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup milk I use oat milk
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed (2 to 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips divided
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add in the mashed bananas and mix.
Add in the dry ingredients into the bowl: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and ½ cup of the chocolate chips. Mix again until well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Room temperature eggs are ideal for baking. The eggs mix more quickly into the batter at room temperature without risking over-mixing. If you didn’t bring them to room temperature, place the eggs in some warm water to bring their temperature up.
- Make sure to double-check the baking soda. One of the reasons that your bread hasn’t risen is expired baking soda that doesn’t activate when baked.
- Never scoop flour directly from the bag, as you’ll overpack the measuring cup. I recommend fluffing the flour with a fork and then spooning the flour into the measuring cup and leveling the top. Too much flour will lead to a dense loaf.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as it’ll lead to a dense loaf of bread.
- If using frozen bananas, make sure to thaw the bananas before adding them to the batter.
- Mix a few nuts into the batter to make banana nut bread. Blueberries make a great addition as well for a blueberry banana bread.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg