Simple, healthy, and delicious, these Cauliflower Tacos come together in 40 minutes or less. Crispy roasted cauliflower florets topped with a homemade avocado sauce, these tacos are a great weeknight meal. A lightened-up comfort meal, these veggie-packed tacos are just what you need for your next Taco Tuesday.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (1 lime)
For the Avocado Sauce
- 1 avocado deseeded and skin removed.
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro
- shredded cabbage
- lime wedges
Add cauliflower pieces into a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, lime juice, and taco seasoning. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the cauliflower is golden and fork tender.
While the cauliflower is roasting, let’s make the sauce. Add all of the ingredients into a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
When the cauliflower is done roasting, warm tortillas.
Add roasted cauliflower along with shredded cabbage and a drizzle of avocado sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and an additional squeeze of lime juice if desired.
- Fresh lime juice is ideal for cauliflower tacos. Bottled lime juice may leave an unpleasant aftertaste, whereas fresh lime juice is more bright and flavorful.
- Avoid overcrowding the sheet pan, or the cauliflower will steam instead of roast. If yours are small, use two sheet pans to keep the cauliflower florets crispy.
- If you’re not confident removing the avocado pit with a knife, you can pop it out by pressing the back of the avocado. The pit should pop right out.
- Use corn tortillas if you want to keep this cauliflower tacos recipe gluten-free.
- Make the avocado sauce spicy by adding some jalapeno (stem and seeds removed) to the food processor.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 909mg | Potassium: 1177mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 145mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 4mg