Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Crispy on the outside and super juicy on the inside, these Air Fryer Chicken Wings come together so easily! You get crispy wings without the mess and extra oil from deep frying with the air fryer. All you need is around 30 minutes, and you’ll have these crispy wings ready in no time.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 lb chicken wings whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup buffalo hot sauce like Frank’s
Cut the wings into two pieces by splitting them at the joint and dry them really well with a paper towel.
Spray the basket of the air fryer with a light coat of olive oil, using olive oil spray.
In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, baking powder, salt and pepper together. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
In a large bowl add the wings and toss with olive oil. Then add the seasoning with the baking powder you made earlier, tossing to coat as many pieces of chicken as you can.
Place the wings into the air fryer basket and cook at 380 F for 20 minutes. Remove the basket and toss the wings halfway through the cooking time. Increase the temperature to 400 F and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Use a cooking thermometer to check that the wings have reached an internal temperature of 165 F and remove. You might need to cook the wings in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Place the cooked chicken wings in a large bowl and toss the wings with the hot sauce. Serve with a side of ranch dressing.
- While the chicken wings can touch in the basket, avoid stacking them or overcrowding them too much. The wings will shrink as they cook, so while they’re touching at the beginning, you will still get airflow to all the wings.
- Feel free to use your own favorite seasonings mixture for the chicken wings.
- Always pat dry the chicken before seasoning them. If the wings are wet with moisture, the seasoning won’t stick as well. In addition, the moisture will cause the wings to steam instead of crisp up in the air fryer.
- Make sure to increase the temperature at the end for 2 minutes! This is what helps you achieve maximum crispiness of the wings.
- To save time, you can buy chicken wings already broken down into drumettes and wingettes.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 2385mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 2mg