Air Fryer Tuna Steaks
Tender and juicy, these Air Fryer Tuna Steaks come together quickly and easily, thanks to the air fryer. Marinated in an Asian-inspired soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil mixture, these steaks are cooked to perfection and are bursting with flavor.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 5-6 oz raw tuna steaks skin removed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- sliced green onions
- sesame seeds
- soy sauce
In a large zip lock bag, add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and tuna steaks. Let the tuna marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
Remove the tuna from the bag and place in the air fryer basket. Cook at 370 F for 4 - 5 minutes for medium rare, 5 - 6 minutes for medium, and 6 - 7 minutes for well-done.
Garnish with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and serve with a side of soy sauce.
- As the tuna steaks do not require a long marinating time, leaving them at room temperature to marinate is fine. Leaving them out also prevents the tuna steaks from being too cold that the cooking time becomes uneven.
- Set a timer for the marinating step! If you leave it in the marinade for too long, it can cause the tuna to become overly salty.
- When slicing to serve the tuna steaks, slice them against the grain.
- Pat dry the tuna with a paper towel before marinating it for the best results.
- Try to get tuna steaks that are similar in size, so they cook evenly. If one is larger than the other, I recommend holding off adding the smaller steak to the air fryer basket for a minute or two, so the smaller one does not overcook.
- An easy way to peel ginger to grate is to use the back of a spoon to scrape off the outer layer.
- The loin of the fish is where you cut tuna steak from, so there is very little fat. Be careful not to overcook the steaks as the lack of fat will leave them dry if overcooked.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 2191mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3742IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg