This refreshing Watermelon Salad is the perfect summer dish. The crispy but juicy watermelon cubes are so sweet and pair wonderfully with the salty feta cheese. It is so simple to make and is perfect for summer.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon or 1 small watermelon
- 2 cup sliced cucumber or 1 large cucumber
- ¾ cup red onion sliced thin
- ⅓ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup torn mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into ½" half-moon slices.
Place the watermelon, cucumber, red onions, and mint leaves in a large bowl and pour over the dressing, tossing to coat.
Top with the feta cheese and serve.
- You can use seedless cucumbers instead if you don’t want to scape out the seeds.
- If you don’t have red onions, you can use shallot.
- If you find red onions to taste too strong, you can soak them in cold water for a couple of minutes before adding them to the salad.
- I suggest avoiding bottled lime juice and use fresh limes for the brightest flavor.
- Feel free to use this watermelon mint salad as a guideline, as this recipe is very customizable. Add more or less watermelon, cucumber, and red onions as you wish. Since these ingredients vary in size, you can enjoy any extra on their own or just add it to the salad.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1566IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1mg