You won't believe how delicious and flavorful these Fish Tacos are! They are the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal as they come together in under 30 minutes. You'll love the pieces of tender and flaky fish combined with a creamy, zesty sauce all wrapped up in corn tortillas! It's the perfect dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
For the Fish:
- small corn tortillas
- 1 lb white fish like cod or halibut
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- lime wedges to squeeze
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- hot sauce optional
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the spices: cayenne, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Melt the butter and drizzle over the fish along with the olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoning over all of the fish.
Bake the fish at 375 F for 15 - 20 minutes.
To make the sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
To serve the tacos, toast the corn tortillas over a low flame on the burner and then add the fish, toppings, and drizzle of the sauce. Garnish with the cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and squeeze of lime juice.
- If you do not have a gas stove to toast the corn tortillas, add them to a large dry skillet or griddle over medium heat instead.
- Careful not to over-cook the fish as it’ll become rubbery instead of tender and flaky.
- If you’re unsure if the fish is cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Cooked fish’s internal temperature is 145 F.
- You don’t have to worry about getting the same size fillet as you roughly chop or flake the fish to add to the tacos. If the fillets vary in size, you can use two small sheet pans to remove the smaller fillets first.
- Pat dry the fish before using. This helps the butter and oil stick to the fish so that the seasoning will stick better.
- Don’t have lime? Use lemon instead.
Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 1232mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1417IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 3mg