Chicken Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
This Chicken Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles is the perfect dinner that your family will love. It’s low in carbs, easy to make, and filling. This healthy meal comes together quickly and easily in under 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lbs chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb zucchini spiralized into noodles
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- grated parmesan
- chili flakes
- fresh chopped parsley
Cut the chicken breasts into strips and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once shimmering, add the chicken and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on both sides, until cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165 F. Set aside to rest.
In the same pan, saute the garlic until fragrant, then add the zucchini noodles and continue to cook until the noodles have just become al dente (still a little crunchy). Make sure not too cook them too long or the pan will become too watery.
Add the sour cream and stir until well combined.
Plate the chicken over the zucchini noodles and garnish with the grated parmesan, chili flakes, and fresh chopped parsley.
- If you do not have a spiralizer, you can buy pre-cut zucchini noodles in most grocery stores. You can also use a knife and cut thin strips.
- When cooking the chicken in the skillet, make sure you do not overcrowd the pan, as it’ll lead to the chicken steaming instead of searing.
- Pan the zucchini noodles dry with a paper towel before adding them to the pan to avoid introducing additional moisture.
- For more flavor, you can add more parmesan cheese to make the sauce thicker and more flavorful.
- As you do not peel the zucchinis, make sure to wash the zucchini and pat them dry before spiralizing them.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1025mg | Potassium: 834mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1434IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 2mg