Air Fryer Crab Cakes
Tender, crispy, and flavorful, these Air Fryer Crab Cakes make for the perfect appetizer. They are so easy to make, and the air fryer fries them to golden perfection with minimal oil. Each bite is full of juicy crab meat!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil Spray
In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, green onion, parsley, and panko and mix together until well combined. Add the crab meat and fold into the mixture until everything is well combined. If the crab is in lumps, make sure you break it apart / shred it with your hands, this will help the cakes to hold together.
Form the crab cakes with your hands, about ½ cup of mixture per cake.
Spray the Air Fryer basket with a light coat of cooking oil.
Air fry for 10 minutes at 370 F. Optional: to make them extra crispy on the outside, spray with olive oil and air fry at 400 F for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Garnish with an additional squeeze of lemon juice.
- If you’re having difficulties forming the cakes, you can refrigerate the mixture for a few minutes before shaping them again.
- Do not overmix the crab cake mixture, as it’ll cause the cakes to be tough and dense.
- If the mixture sticks to your hands as you shape the cakes, you can lightly oil your hands or dampen them with a little water to prevent sticking.
- Try to use good quality crab meat when possible to make your crab cakes taste as close to restaurant-quality as possible.
- For extra citrus flavor, you can zest the lemon and add the zest to the mixture before juicing the lemon.
- If you’re using crab meat that was previously frozen, you might need a little extra panko in the mixture to absorb any excess moisture.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1353mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2mg