Honey Garlic Chicken Bites
These delicious Honey Garlic Chicken Bites are sweet, savory, sticky, and garlicky. Tender and juicy pieces of chicken coated in a delicious honey garlic sauce, you will want to make this dish over and over. Perfect to serve over rice, this is an easy weeknight dinner ready in around 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- green onions sliced thin
- sesame seeds
In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cornstarch and toss to coat well.
In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil until the butter has melted. Working in batches, add the chicken and cook until the chicken has browned nicely and is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set the chicken aside.
In the same skillet add the garlic and saute until it has become fragrant. Add the red pepper flakes, soy sauce, honey, and chicken broth and cook until it has reduced slightly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Turn down the heat to low and add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and toss to coat.
Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Best when served over rice.
- Make sure you cut the chicken into similar-sized pieces, so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Avoid overcrowding the chicken in the skillet. You want to be able to evenly brown the chicken and avoid them steaming if packed tightly.
- Keep a close eye on the chicken as you cook it. As they’re small pieces, you can quickly overcook the chicken, making their texture rubbery and dry. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F.
- This honey garlic flavored chicken bites recipe is excellent with brown rice, white rice, fried rice, or my sesame garlic noodles.
- If you do not have cornstarch, you can use flour.
- For a spicier dish, add extra red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to add additional vegetables to turn this into a stir fry! Try broccoli, bell peppers, onion, carrots, or peas.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg