Garlic Mushroom Pasta
A simple but delicious dish, this Garlic Mushroom Pasta recipe is a satisfying meal bursting with flavor. It comes together in only a few easy steps, making it perfect for quickly getting dinner on the table on a busy weeknight. All you need are a handful of ingredients, and you’ll have this fresh and luscious pasta recipe ready in no time.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces of pasta
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Optional to add a little salt to the water for cooking.
While the pasta is cooking, heat half of the butter (1.5 tbsp) and the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in mushrooms and sauté for approx. 5 minutes until tender. Then add in the garlic and remaining butter and sauté for about a minute longer.
Drain the pasta but reserve about a ¼ cup of the pasta water to cook with. Add in the drained pasta along with the pasta water into the pan with the mushrooms.
Add in grated cheese and parsley into pan and stir well until cheese is melted and pasta sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with more grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Always double-check the pasta’s package instructions as different shapes require different cooking times.
- Try not to slice the mushrooms too thinly, so they hold up well. Mushrooms shrink as they cook, so they may shrivel up and not have a hearty texture if sliced too thinly.
- If the mushrooms are dirty, wipe them clean with a damp towel. Soaking mushrooms to clean will lead to the mushrooms taking on water and making them feel squeaky when you bite into them.
- Make sure you are using a large enough skillet to avoid overcrowding the pan. The mushrooms will steam if overcrowded.
- The starchy pasta water is a must as it acts as a thickener and creates a silky sauce for this garlic and mushroom pasta. Regular water will not yield the same results, so make sure to reserve some pasta water when you drain the pasta.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 415mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 529IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 1mg