If you need a quick and simple recipe for a potluck, barbecue, picnic, or lunch for yourself, you need to make this Chicken Salad! It is a classic recipe that works for any occasion and only requires 10 simple ingredients. This recipe comes together quickly and it tastes so much better than the store-bought version.
- ½ lb cooked chicken optional to use rotisserie chicken, chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 tbsp red onion diced
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make sure you cut everything into small pieces so that every spoonful has a little bit of everything.
- Top with some fresh herbs for an extra pop of color and flavor.
- If you’re out of chicken and have leftover turkey, it makes for the perfect swap!
- If you are using a rotisserie chicken, be sure to remove the skin before cutting up the meat.
- I suggest using freshly squeezed lemon juice as bottled juice doesn’t have the same fresh bright flavor to it.
- Feel free to swap the pecans out for almonds or walnuts.
- Sweet onions or green onions can be swapped for red onions.
- Add a pinch of curry powder to change things up.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg