Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Bursting with flavor, this Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is a healthy and delicious dish that your whole family will love. Light but filling, these wraps come together in 30 minutes or less, making them perfect for a busy weeknight. You can even serve these wraps as an appetizer or main course.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup carrots sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- ½ cup cabbage sliced thin
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- fresh chopped cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- lime wedges
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and heat until shimmering.
Add the onion, salt, and pepper, and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
Add the ground chicken and saute until cooked through and ??no longer pink.
Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, and cook for another 2 minutes.
Turn down the heat to low and add in the soy sauce and sweet chili sauce. Toss everything until well combined and cook for another minute.
Spoon the mixture into each lettuce cup and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts (optional), and a squeeze of lime. Eat right away.
- Make sure to break up the ground chicken with a wooden spoon or spatula as you cook it so it’s not clumped together.
- For an extra kick of heat, add a drizzle of sriracha to the filling when you add the soy sauce and sweet chili sauce.
- Use tamari or coconut aminos instead of soy sauce for a gluten-free alternative.
- If you cannot find butter lettuce, romaine, leaf, or iceberg lettuce is a great choice as well.
- Not a fan of peanuts? Add some cashews, almonds, or even sunflower seeds as garnish. They add a great crunchy texture to these Asian lettuce wraps.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1040mg | Potassium: 884mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3902IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg