GP's Thai Chicken Burgers
This is one of many great Gwenyth Paltrow recipes. Check out Goop.com for more.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound ground chicken preferably dark meat
- 2 garlic cloves very finely minced
- ⅔ cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 shallots very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced red chili or more or less, however hot you like it
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil like canola, grapeseed, or safflower oil
Thoroughly mix the chicken with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers, each about ¾ inch thick.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of the safflower oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until nicely marked and firm to the touch.
Serving: 1Burger | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 597mg | Potassium: 647mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1.1mg