Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Mediterranean Grilled Chicken. Tender, juicy, and made with kitchen staples, this grilled chicken recipe is perfect on its own, on a salad, or in a sandwich! Packed with flavor, you can make this Mediterranean chicken in little to no time, making it perfect for a busy weeknight.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
To make the marinade add the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper to a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Place the chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag and pour the marinade on top of the chicken. Zip the bag shut and massage the marinade into the chicken. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours. if possible, bring the chicken to room temperature before you cook it.
Preheat your grill or grill pan and brush the grates with a vegetable oil.
Remove the chicken from the bag and cook chicken on a grill or grill pan. For chicken thighs, about 4 - 6 minutes per side. For chicken breasts, 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove the chicken when the internal temperature has reached 165 F and let rest for 5 minutes before eating.
- Allowing the chicken to rest before slicing will lead to juicier chicken as the moisture can redistribute. If you cut the chicken right away, the juices will run out onto the cutting board.
- Discard the marinade and do not reuse it. If you’d like to drizzle some of the marinade over your chicken after cooking, you can reserve a few tablespoons before adding your chicken to it.
- Whether you use chicken thighs or chicken breasts, make sure the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken has reached 165F.
- Avoid moving it around when cooking the chicken so it can get a nice sear.
- You can double or triple this recipe. However, cook the chicken in batches, so you don’t overcrowd the grill pan.
- Before marinating the chicken, pat it dry, so the oil and seasonings stick better to the chicken.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 848mg | Potassium: 903mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 637IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg