- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp scallions minced (optional to use onion too)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup tapicoa flour or almond flour or regular flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs gluten-free optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil keep extra handy for cooking as well
- creme fraiche for garnish
- parsley chopped for garnish optional
Grate zucchini with a grater and wrap in a paper towel. Squeeze the zucchini with your hands to remove the excess liquid and place in a mixing bowl. Discard the used paper towel.
Add in the eggs and mix together. Next, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and pour in enough oil to almost cover the surface of the pan. Once the oil is hot, add in large heaping spoonfuls of zucchini mixture (approx. 1/4 cups) into pan and flatten with a spatula. Cook for approx. 3 minutes each side (until golden brown).
Once done cooking and removing from pan, place fritters on a paper towel to absorb excess oil and let cool a bit before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsely and serve with creme fraiche optional.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 212IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg