Broccoli Tater Tots
Loaded with healthy goodness, these Broccoli Tater Tots come together so easily. These healthy tater tots are the perfect side dish or snack for both adults and kids! Baked instead of deep fried, you’ll love this healthier alternative.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup onion grated or finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ? cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- olive oil to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Heat a pot of water and bring to a boil. Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute then drain.
Very finely chop the broccoli and add to a mixing bowl with onions, egg, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. (You also do this step in a food processor if you wish.)
Scoop out about 1 tbsp of the mixture and form the tots into cylindrical shapes with flat ends with your hands (think classic tater tot shape). Place onto baking sheet.
Drizzle tots with olive oil and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
Serve and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
- If you’d like this to be gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free breadcrumb.
- If you’re not a fan of chopping up the florets finely, you can simply add everything to a food processor and blitz it up. Make sure you leave a little bit of texture. You can also run the broccoli through a box grater as well.
- If you’re short on time, you can use frozen broccoli “rice” as it’s essentially finely chopped broccoli.
- While I haven’t tried to make a vegan version of this, you could in theory swap the egg for flax egg and nutritional yeast in place of the parmesan cheese.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 937mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 644IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 227mg | Iron: 2mg