Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Golden and juicy, these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are going to be a household favorite. These tenders are just as crispy and tasty as the take-out versions but healthier as they are not deep fried.
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 chicken tenders
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko optional to use seasoned panko
- olive oil spray
- dressing of your choice and lemon wedges optional for garnish
Season both sides of chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
You will need 2 shallow bowls- one for the beaten eggs and in the other, combine both the seasoned breadcrumbs and panko together.
Place each chicken tender in the beaten eggs and coat all sides and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, making sure you press gently around the tender so that the crumbs stick. Set aside on a platter or cutting board while you dredge each tender one by one.
Next, spray both sides of coated chicken tenders with the olive oil spray.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Once the fryer is preheated, place chicken tenders in to the air fryer basket, making sure you don't overcrowd them. You'll have to cook in batches.
Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked and crispy, golden brown.
Serve with dipping sauce of your choice and lemon wedges.
- Some air fryers require preheating while others do not. Please use yours according to the manual for the best results.
- Make sure your tenders are dry before seasoning them and coating them. If there is moisture on your chicken, they will steam up instead of crisping up. It also helps the breading stick to your chicken better.
- Since air fryers come in different sizes, the cook time might vary by a couple minutes. Chicken is cooked when its internal temperature hits 165°F. So if you want to make sure your chicken isn’t overcooking in the air fryer, you can pull them out and check with an instant thermometer.
- If you do not want to cook these in multiple batches, some air fryers come with little racks so you can fit twice as much in one go.
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs and panko is an option if you would like to make this gluten-free.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 716mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg