Black Bean Burgers
Made with healthy wholesome ingredients, these are the best homemade Black Bean Burgers you’ll ever make. These burgers are made with just a handful of pantry staples and no complicated steps. You’ll have a delicious and easy meal ready in 30 minutes or less.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 14oz cans of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325°F. While the oven is preheating, spread out beans on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in order to dry out the beans a bit.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat and sauté onions, bell peppers and garlic until soft (approx. 5 minutes).
In a food processor, add in the freshly sautéd onions, bell peppers and garlic with rest of ingredients (minus beans) and pulse until everything is combined.
Next add in baked beans and pulse until everything is combined. You want to keep the mixture somewhat chunky for texture.
Use about ⅓ cups of the mixture to form into individual patties.
Grill patties in a pan or skillet over medium high heat with a little more olive oil. Depending on thickness of patties, cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
Serve on hamburger buns and toppings of your choice.
- If you want to make this into a gluten-free black bean burger, you can swap the breadcrumbs for a gluten-free version or almond flour.
- If you want to skip the egg to make this more vegan friendly, you can use flaxseed egg.
- Worcestershire sauce can be swapped with soy sauce or coconut aminos to make it vegan as well.
- Feta cheese can be swapped with goat cheese or vegan cheese.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 603IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 4mg