The perfect snack, these Kale Chips are so easy to make! Made with only three ingredients and then baked in the oven until crispy, you’re going to wish you made this quick and simple recipe sooner. It’s one of the tastiest ways to sneak in extra veggies throughout the day!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large bundle curly kale washed, dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
Preheat oven to 350° F.
De-stem kale and use your hands to tear a part leaves into bite-sized pieces.
In a large mixing bowl, add in torn pieces and olive oil and toss making sure all leaves are coated with oil. Seasoned salt and toss together until all the leaves are coated evenly.
Next add in seasoned salt and continue tossing together until everything is coated evenly.
Spread out kale on a baking pan (don't overcrowd the pan).
Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until edges of the kale start to turn brown and toasted. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
- Try not to overlap your leaves when baking. If they overlaps, it traps the steam between them and the chips get soggy instead of crispy. If you have too much on your sheet pan, bake them in two or three batches instead.
- Make sure your kale is dry to start. After washing, pat it dry or use a salad spinner to make sure your leaves are dry before you start working with it. When the leaves are damp or wet, it makes it difficult to be coated with oil and seasoning.
- There are many different types of kale on the market: Curly, Tuscan, Dinosaur, and more. They all taste the same once it’s turned into chips so you can use whatever kale is sold at your local grocery store.
- To de-stem the leaves, simply cut the leaves as close to the stem as possible and remove it. The stems tend to be tough, chewy, and fibrous making it not ideal to make chips with.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe.
- Don’t add extra oil to this. A little bit of oil goes a long way. You might think adding extra oil will make the chips crisp up faster but it ends up adding extra moisture to the leaves, making it harder to crisp up in the oven.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1757mg | Potassium: 160mg | Vitamin A: 3247IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg