This Skinny Margarita is our go-to simple cocktail recipe and will soon be yours as well! Margaritas pairs up really well with any meal so it’s perfect as a last minute addition to any menu. Made in less than five minutes and with only five ingredients and some ice, you’ll be sipping this refreshing cocktail in no time.
Servings: 1 glass
- kosher salt
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz fresh lime juice approx 2 small limes
- 1 oz fresh orange juice approx half of 1 medium orange
- 1 tsp agave
- ice enough to fill cocktail shaker and glass
- extra lime wedges for garnish
To prepare your glass, run a wedge of lime around the rim of the glass to wet it. Then dip it into a plate full of coarse salt and roll it around at an angle so that it rim is nicely coated. Set aside while you prepare the margarita.
In a cocktail add in ice (fill it about ¾ full), then pour in tequila, lime juice, orange juice and agave. Place lid on shaker and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds then strain the liquid into your glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Fresh citrus juice is a must for this skinny margarita recipe. The fresh lime and orange juice adds a brightness to your cocktail that bottled citrus just can’t match.
- A plate or shallow bowl is best for salting the rim of your glass. This helps prevent wasting excessive salt.
- Adjust the amount of tequila and agave to fit your taste, some may enjoy it sweeter but some may enjoy it more tart!
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg