Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp at home with a few simple ingredients. These coconut shrimps are crispy, lightweight, and restaurant-quality without using a deep fryer! It’s the perfect party appetizer, and you can make it in a few short minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails still attached
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup breadcrumbs I use panko
- cooking spray
Spray the air fryer basket with a light coat of cooking spray.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
Prepare the dredging stations- add the flour to a shallow plate, the eggs to another, and mix together the breadcrumbs and coconut and add it to the 3rd shallow plate.
One at a time, dredge the shrimp in the flour, then eggs, then the breadcrumb and coconut mixture, gently pressing it into the shrimp.
Place the breaded shrimp onto a plate or baking sheet and spray with a light coat of cooking spray, on both sides.
Place the shrimp into the Air Fryer basket, on a single layer. Cook for 7 minutes at 400 F, flipping halway through the cooking time until the shrimp are golden.
Serve with the sweet chili dipping sauce.
- Pat the shrimp dry to remove any excess water before you coat it. Doing so helps the seasoning and coating stick better to the shrimp. Removing the moisture helps ensure the coconut shrimp crisp up and not steam when air-fried.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Keeping the shrimp in a single layer ensures the hot air can reach all of the shrimp and stay crispy.
- Make sure to flip the coconut shrimp halfway through to make sure they are crispy on both sides.
- Make sure you press the shredded coconut into the shrimp. You don’t want them to fall off as you transfer the coconut shrimp to the air fryer basket.
- If you’re doubling or tripling the recipe, you can keep the first few batches of shrimp warm in the oven at 200F.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 236mg | Sodium: 1281mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 2mg