Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
If you need a simple and easy recipe for dinner, look no further. This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe comes together quickly and effortlessly, perfect for busy weeknights. Tender pieces of chicken thighs are cooked in a mouthwatering lemon garlic sauce, packing it full of flavor. Your whole family will love this recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- fresh chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
In a small mixing bowl, make the seasoning- mix together the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken thighs.
Press the SAUTE function and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the instant pot. Working in batches, place the chicken thighs skin side down and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
Add the butter into the pot to melt and then add the onions and garlic. Once the onions have turned slightly translucent, add the lemon juice to deglaze. Cook for a minute and then add the Italian seasoning, cooking for another minute but being careful not to let the seasoning burn.
Add the chicken broth and chicken thighs into the pot and close the lid. Pressure cook on HIGH for 8 minutes. Do a natural pressure release when the timer has finished.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
- If there is moisture on the chicken, pat it dry with a paper towel before seasoning, so the seasoning sticks better.
- Feel free to thicken the lemon garlic sauce if you like. After removing the cooked chicken, thicken the sauce by adding 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water to make a slurry. Press the saute button, add the cornstarch slurry, and whisk until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- I highly recommend using fresh lemon juice for the best results. Fresh lemons taste brighter and fresher. Sometimes bottled lemon juice has a slightly bitter aftertaste.
- Try ??dried thyme, basil, rosemary, or oregano if you do not have Italian seasoning.
- If there are any brown spots in the bottom of the pot from searing and sauteing, use a splash of lemon juice or chicken broth to deglaze the pot. Deglazing will help prevent getting a burn notice.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 722mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 604IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 3mg