Carne Asada Tacos
These Carne Asada Tacos are Mexican-inspired street tacos made with perfectly seared flank steak and all your favorite toppings! So juicy and flavorful, everyone will be reaching for more.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1½ lb carne asada cooked/grilled
- 12-16 corn tortillas
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- pico de gallo
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onion
Make carne asada and chop.
Warm tortillas over a stove burner.
Then, add carne asada on top of each tortilla.
Add on your favorite taco topping, like guacamole and pico de gallo recipe.
- When cutting the carne asada, slice against the grain. Against the grain means you cut opposite of the path of the muscle fibers. Doing so will cut through the fibers, making the flank steak much more tender.
- Before cutting the steak, give it some time to rest so the juices can redistribute throughout the steak and don't end up all over the cutting board when sliced.
- Don’t skip warming the corn tortillas. When heated, they are softer, so it’s less likely to break while you make the taco. The tortillas also are more flavorful when warmed!
- If you don’t have a gas stove, you can warm the tortillas in a skillet, or if you’re in a pinch, the microwave.
Calories: 641kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 1103mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 679IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 4mg