This easy Guacamole recipe is super flavorful and only takes a couple of minutes to put together. Delicious, healthy, and zesty, this guacamole only requires 8 simple ingredients. It’s the best side dish for any meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed minced
Scoop out the flesh of avocados into a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Mash until it’s the consistency you prefer (chunky or smooth). Optional to add a little water to make it more smooth and creamy.
Next, add in the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Make sure to cut the tomato, onion, and jalapeño into similar-sized pieces so you don’t end up with a mouthful of just one thing. You don’t want a bite of just onions!
- Do not forget to remove the seeds in your jalapeño pepper but be careful when doing so. Wash your hands afterward as the residue gives you “jalapeño hands” where your skin might feel like it’s burning. You can also wear gloves when cutting jalapeño peppers to avoid it entirely.
- If you find red onions to have too much of a bite to them, you can give it a rinse before dicing to mellow out the flavor a bit.
- If you find cilantro to taste soapy, you can swap for parsley or leave it out altogether.
- Want to get more juice out of your limes? Roll them under the palm of your hand on your countertop to loosen it up, so more liquid comes out when you squeeze it.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 821mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 463IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg