Summer Squash Pasta
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this Summer Squash Pasta is a bright and flavorful pasta made with simple seasonal ingredients. Featuring summer squash, zucchini, garlic, lemon, fresh basil, and more, you won’t be able to get enough of this summery pasta!
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 oz pasta of your choice I like fusilli or penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ¼ inch rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ oz goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp butter
- red pepper flakes
- pine nuts
- fresh chopped basil
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the squash and zucchini to the pan and saute until the vegetables have softened. Add salt and pepper to taste and turn heat to low.
After pasta has finished cooking, drain and add the pasta to the pan with the vegetables. Add the lemon juice, butter, and goat cheese and toss to combine.
Garnish with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, pine nuts and fresh chopped basil.
- If you do not have goat cheese, you can swap it for feta cheese or parmesan cheese.
- Try to cut the zucchini and summer squash in even thickness so they cook evenly. You can also use a mandoline slicer to slice the vegetables quickly.
- Summer corn and cherry tomatoes make for a delicious addition to this squash pasta.
- You can make this pasta gluten-free by swapping in gluten-free pasta.
- To get beautiful unbruised basil ribbons, layer a handful of leaves, gently roll them, then slice them thinly. Alternatively, you can add small basil leaves directly onto the pasta.
Calories: 512kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 519mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg