Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
For the Skewers:
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion chopped into thick bite sized pieces
- 3 bell peppers of varying colors, chopped into thick bite sized pieces
- 1 lb fresh pineapple cubed into bite sized pieces
For the skewers:
Place bell peppers, onions, chicken and pineapple onto long wooden skewers (in whatever order you like).
Once you have all your skewers made, brush on sauce mixture making to sure to evenly coat all sides.
Heat a grill pan to medium high heat and cook until chicken is well done. Cooking time will be dependent on how thick you cubed your chicken. You can also grill on the barbecue.
Calories: 741kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 3095mg | Potassium: 1575mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 5862IU | Vitamin C: 241mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg