GP's Thai Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken preferably dark meat
- 2 garlic cloves very finely minced
- ⅔ cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 shallots very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced red chili or more or less, however hot you like it
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil like canola, grapeseed, or safflower oil
- Thoroughly mix the chicken with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers, each about ¾ inch thick.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of the safflower oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until nicely marked and firm to the touch.