I would eat pancakes every single morning if it were up to me. The problem- if I did I might not fit through the doorway. Enter oatmeal banana pancakes: the best essence of real pancakes but MUCH better for you. Top with some fresh fruit and a little honey (or a lot if you are having a bad day, no judgment).
Which instant oatmeal works best for these pancakes?
In the recipe below I used one of my favorite gluten-free instant oatmeal packets from Bakery on Main, but you can definitely use a more well-known brand like Quaker Oats if you wanted. Any instant oatmeal should do the trick, just make sure it’s the instant kind. Raw oats won’t cook fast enough in the pan and your pancakes will come out too chewy.
What are some great toppings for these pancakes?
Fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are fantastic on these pancakes. I also like to drizzle honey on them or if you are feeling more traditional you can go with maple syrup, of course.
Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- 1 packet instant oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee for cooking in pan
- Prepare banana by peeling and mashing with a fork.
- Transfer all ingredients (oatmeal, mashed banana, egg, cinnamon, and salt into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat pan to medium heat and add in butter (or ghee if you prefer). Melt and spread around the pan.
- Spoon in pancake mixture into pan. You may need to use the spoon or spatula to flatten and shape mixture into circles or desired shape.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh berries and honey.