Commonly asked questions:
Sweetener or no sweetener?
The choice about whether to use a sweetener is entirely up to you- you don't need to use one if you don't want to. The mangoes that I used in this recipe weren't very sweet so I decided to use agave in my recipe. If you end up finding mangoes that are sweet enough for your liking you can skip the sweetener altogether. Other sweetener options include: truvia, stevia, cane sugar, and date syrup.
Where do I get those cool popsicle molds?
I bought my popsicle molds on Amazon, HERE. There are many different shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from.
Do I need to put ACV into my popsicles?
Apple cider vinegar is an incredible product that is made by Bragg. There are many benefits to consuming ACV- it can lower your blood sugar levels and act as an anti-inflammatory. I thought it would be fun to make this ingredient optional in this recipe because if you like the taste of ACV then you will love it in this recipe. If you have never tasted ACV, I would describe the taste as mostly vinegar mixed with a tiny bit of apple juice. Again, this ingredient is totally optional so you can decide for yourself if you want to give it a try.
What are some other fruits that can go into these popsicles?
Almost any fruit that you could think of would work in this recipe. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, apple, watermelon- the list is endless. My personal favorite flavor of popsicle is strawberry. All of the above-mentioned fruits go well with almond yogurt, too, so you really can't go wrong.
How long do these popsicles last in the freezer?
You can store these popsicles in the freezer and they will stay good for up to 3 months.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out these other great recipes on my blog:
Mango Yogurt Popsicles
- 2 mangos peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar optional
- 1 cup vegan vanilla yogurt I used cashew milk yogurt
- Add mango chunks and agave syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill up popsicle molds with mango pureé alternating with the vegan yogurt. You can use the popsicle stick to swirl the mango and yogurt to make a marble design within the mold.
- Once molds are all filled, place the stick base on each mold and put in freezer until frozen.