In my never-ending search for recipes that are easy to make, super flavorful, and healthy, I came across this recipe for Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles. These noodles are incredibly tasty, with the perfect amount of spice coming from Sriracha sauce. Top them with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and fresh sliced green onion. This spicy ramen noodle recipe only takes 10 minutes to make so you have no excuse, get into the kitchen and make these ramen noodles right now!
Which are the best noodles to use in this recipe?
My preferred type of noodles for this recipe are ramen noodles. You can find them in any grocery store, but the brand might change from store to store. The most common ramen noodles in the US are Maruchan so if you can’t find any brands that come as noodles only (no seasoning or sauce packet) then you can use a packet of Maruchan noodles and toss the seasoning packet that comes with them. Although I haven’t seen them myself, my friends tell me that there are gluten-free rice ramen noodles. After a quick google search, I found Lotus brand Millet & Brown Rice Ramen.
Which spicy sauce should I use with this recipe?
The overwhelming favorite spicy sauce for this recipe is Sriracha. The most well-known brand is Huy Fong Foods Inc Sriracha sauce, which you will see at most Vietnamese restaurants. If you can’t find this brand, you could substitute with chili paste. My favorite chili paste is the Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste, it is fantastic.
Top tips for this spicy ramen noodle recipe:
- Make sure you don’t overcook the noodles, they only need a few minutes submerged in boiling water to be perfectly cooked.
- Be mindful of how long you let the garlic saute in the pan because garlic burns very easily- keep it moving around in the pan gently and add the liquids before the garlic becomes too brown.
- If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, make sure you use Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) and gluten-free rice ramen noodles.
- If you love noodles and want to try a vegetarian version, check out the Thai Zucchini and Carrot Noodle Salad recipe on my blog.
Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles
- 1 tsp coconut sugar can use brown sugar
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce low sodium
- 6 oz ramen noodles
- green onions and sesame seed for garnish optional
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and whisk in tamari/soy sauce, coconut sugar and Sriracha.
- Add in noodles and toss with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.