How do you make the zucchini noodles (zoodles)?
The easiest way to make zucchini and carrot noodles is to buy a Spiralizer. Here is a great one you can purchase from Amazon. The whole process is very easy and fun. Watch the video below to see my spiralizer in action.
Should I cook the vegetable noodles or eat them raw?
For this dish, my vote is to eat them raw. If you saute them then a lot of water could come out and you might risk making them really soft and unappealing. I also prefer the crunch of raw vegetables for this recipe.
What if I don't have almond butter?
You can easily substitute peanut butter for the almond butter in this recipe.
Top tips for this recipe:
- Before using the spiralizer, cut off ends of the vegetables. Having flat ends makes spiralizing easier.
- If the peanut sauce is coming out too thick, feel free to add water to
sauceto make it more creamy.
Thai Zucchini and Carrot Noodle Salad
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Tamari or coconut aminos for Paleo
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced ( or ? tsp garlic powder)
- ½ tsp sriracha more or less to taste
- ¼ tsp rice wine vinegar or a squeeze of lime
- 1 Tbsp almond butter or almond butter for Paleo
- Optional garnishes crushed peanuts
- Wash the zucchini and cut off ends. Use a spiralizer to create “noodles” and set aside.
- Wash and peel carrots. Use a spiralizer to create “noodles” and set aside.
- Cut red bell pepper into thin strips and set aside.
- For dressing, whisk together in a bowl- tamari, honey, sesame oil, sriracha, rice wine vinegar and almond butter until creamy.
- In a large bowl, toss everything together. Plate and garnish with crushed peanuts.
Leave a Reply