If you are looking for a new weeknight, SUPER EASY, and delicious fish recipe, you are going to love my sheet pan lemon garlic sole with asparagus. Sole is such an easy fish to cook, all you need to do is throw it on a sheet pan and pop it in the oven for a few minutes. It’s almost impossible to overcook and always comes out perfectly flakey. Sprinkle some parsley on top at the end, and you’ll have yourself a new favorite weeknight masterpiece. Enjoy!
Commonly asked questions:
Do I have to use sole in this recipe or are there any other fish substitutes?
I love sole because it is a super light and easy to cook white fish. If you are looking for a substitute, I would abide by those guidelines in terms of which other fish you choose. Cod, trout, and tilapia are great substitutes for this dish because they usually come thin and have a similar consistency to sole.
If I don’t eat dairy what can I substitute for the butter?
We don’t use very much dairy in our house so I have a great suggestion for you: Earth Balance’s Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread. It is made of a few different cooking oils and has a very similar consistency to butter. I have used it for everything from savory cooking to baking and it always works for me.
How long does sole keep in the refrigerator?
You can keep the leftovers from this lemon garlic sole in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. Personally, I don’t like to keep cooked fish past the same day I cook it because I feel it loses it’s freshness.
If you like this recipe, check out these other great recipes on my blog:
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Sole
- 4 sole fillets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tbsp parsley minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bow, add in garlic, butter, lemon juice, paprika and honey and mix well. Set aside.
- On a sheet pan, lay down sole fillets and asparagus and pour over sauce, evenly coating everything. Salt and pepper to taste. (Note- if your asparagus is on the thicker side, you can cook these on the sheet pan for a couple minutes on its own prior to the fish. Just drizzle with olive oil prior to adding it in the oven.)
- Cook in oven for approx 10-12 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.