Can I make this banana bread without chocolate chips?
Yes, you can definitely make this banana bread without chocolate chips. The chocolate chips give this banana bread some additional sweetness but you could easily substitute the chocolate chips for raisins!
How can I make this banana bread gluten-free?
Making this banana bread gluten-free is very easy, all you have to do is use gluten-free flour. My favorite brand of gluten-free flour is Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. I have been using it for years because my wife is gluten intolerant. I don't even miss regular flour now.
How long is this banana bread good for?
In my house, this banana bread stays good for about 4 days. We keep it under a glass serving dish which holds in some moisture to keep it from drying out. We do not put our banana bread in the refrigerator because I do not like eating it cold but I would imagine that keeping it in the fridge will make it last a day or two longer.
If you like this recipe check out these other recipes on my blog:
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 1 cup mashed banana approx 4-6 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash up the peeled bananas with a potato masher or fork. Then add in the oil, eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar and chocolate chips (optional to add in walnuts) until everything is mixed well.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Next, grease a 9"x5" loaf pan with butter and pour in batter.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 50 minutes (depending on your oven, cooking times will vary. You can check to see if the banana bread is done by inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean, that means it's done).
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.