What if I don’t have time to make my own homemade pizza crust?
Making everything from scratch will almost always lead to the most delicious version of any recipe. However, making and cooking pizza dough from scratch is very time-intensive. To speed things up I like to buy premade pizza crusts so all I need to do is to add my toppings and toss it in the oven. One of my favorite brands of premade pizza crusts is Capello’s Grain-Free Pizza Crust. They make full pizzas that already have all of the toppings, too.
Should I use a regular crust or gluten-free crust?
Whether you use a pizza crust that contains gluten is totally up to your personal and dietary preference. I, personally, love eating gluten-free pizza crusts because I find that I don’t feel so bloated and full after I’m done with my meal. Gluten-free pizza crusts have come a long way in the last few years, also. They taste great. One specific type of gluten-free pizza crust is a crust made from cauliflower. You can find cauliflower crusts in restaurants now too, they are fantastic.
What other toppings would go great on this pizza?
The topping ideas for these pizza bites are endless- pretty much any traditional or non-traditional pizza topping you can think of will work perfectly like sausage, minced vegetables (onion, bell pepper, spinach), pepperoni, and mushroom. Since these are bite-sized pizzas, remember to cut your toppings as small as possible. I love topping my pizza bites with some fresh basil and chili flakes, too.
If you love this pizza check out these other recipes on my blog:
Kale & Wild Mushroom Pizza
- 2 cups kale shredded
- 8 oz wild mushrooms torn
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pizza crust pre-made (gluten free or cauliflower crust optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- prosciutto optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a pan over medium heat, add in some olive oil and add in kale and mushrooms. Lightly sauté for a couple minutes until slightly wilted. Set aside.
- Place pre-made pizza crust on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle on half of the cheese as a base layer then distribute all ingredients on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of everything.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes (optional).