Soup season is almost here! This delicious and creamy broccoli soup is the perfect weekend soup for when the weather starts to get cooler. Of course, you already know it’s healthy because it’s broccoli soup. What you might not know is that coconut milk is the secret ingredient that makes this soup super creamy.
Is broccoli soup hard to make?
Broccoli soup is incredibly easy to make. There are only 5 ingredients and the total time from start to finish is only 15 minutes. As you will see in the video below, all you have to do is to saute the garlic and vegetables until soft, add in the broccoli and the liquids, bring to a boil to soften the broccoli and then use an immersion blender to blend everything into a smooth texture.
Can I make this creamy broccoli soup if I don’t have an immersion blender?
Yes, you can definitely make this soup if you don’t have an immersion blender. The way to do it is to let the soup cool after you have softened the broccoli. Then, place all of the soup into a traditional upright blender and blender until smooth. My favorite blender is the Vitamix. You can get a good price on an immersion blender on Amazon.
Is coconut milk healthy?
Coconut milk is full of natural and healthy fats, so yes, I would say that it is healthy to eat. The important thing to remember is that natural fats aren’t bad for you. Highly processed fats are not good for you. Another example of healthy fats is avocados.
If you like this recipe check out these other great recipes on my blog:
- 4 broccoli crowns
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock you can also use chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt pepper to taste
- chopped parsley and/or sliced avocado for garnish optional
- Cut off stems of broccoli and roughly chop into broccoli florets. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan to medium heat and add in olive oil. Next, add in the onions and garlic and sauté until soft (approx 1-2 minutes).
- Add the broccoli florets into the saucepan and stir, then add in coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, put on lid and reduce heat. Let simmer for approx 5 minutes or until broccoli is soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, use a hand blender to blend everything until smooth. You can also use a regular blender. Add in salt and pepper to taste. (Reheat when serving.)
- Garnish with chopped parsley and/or sliced avocado (optional).