There are a few meals that give me great childhood memories and these Chicken Tenders are one of them. Very similar to everyone’s favorite- the McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets, the key here is to get the outside of the chicken crispy and have a perfectly cooked inside. Panko bread crumbs and a little oil are the
What is the difference between chicken breasts and chicken tenders?
It took me an oddly long time into my adult life to know exactly what a chicken tender is because I always thought it was just chicken breasts cut into small pieces. This is incorrect- the chicken tender is technically part of the chicken breast but it is its own piece. When you buy a chicken breast the tender is the small piece attached to the breast, see the photo below. You can ask your butcher to give you only chicken tenders instead of buying the whole breast and cutting off the tender yourself.
What dipping sauce goes great with these chicken tenders?
Honey, ranch, hot sauce, and bbq sauce are the most popular dipping sauces for these chicken tenders. If you are feeling adventurous you could even try hummus.
Top tips for this chicken tender recipe:
- If you cook the chicken in multiple batches, remember to wipe down the pan each time to get rid of the old oil and any burnt panko bits. Add new oil to the pan for the next batch.
- You can place the cooked chicken onto a plate with a paper towel after removing from pan to soak up any excess oil.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups panko gluten free optional
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- grapeseed oil for cooking chicken
- Wisk eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in panko, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Coat each chicken tender in the egg wash and then toss in the bowl with the panko mixture and coat all sides. Set chicken tenders aside once all have been coated.
- On stovetop, heat large pan to medium high then add in some grapeseed oil (1-2 tbsp depending on size of pan).
- Cook chicken tenders on each side until golden brown and crispy (approx. 4-5 min on each side). Depending on the size of your pan and size of the chicken tenders, you may need to cook in multiple batches. Remember to wipe down pan and add in new oil with each batch.
- Serve with ranch or dipping sauce of your choice.